Followers

Wednesday, 5 June 2013

The red dress is finally finished - Yay!!!!!

The red dress is finally finished.....Yay!!!!
I finally put the last stitch in this dress today, all I needed to do was hand stitch the hem and add the ribbon trim at the bottom. I am pleased with the way it has turned out and it feels lovely to wear as I interlined it with batiste cotton so that I do not need an underskirt. I did this on a previous dress and it really makes the dress stand away from my legs and therefore I do not need a slip, it is very cool to wear on a hot summer day.

I started this dress in 2012, mmmm took me a while to get around to finishing this, I suppose next time I should finish the garment and then post photos! 


The Pattern is Simplicity 2588
Fabric is 100% cotton, the pattern required 2 1/4 yards (2.10 metres) 
Cotton batiste for interlining

The back view with a hand sewn prick stitched zip.


I love the pleated sleeves
I 

and the pleats at the back of the dress.

Until next time - happy sewing!

4 comments:

myrica said...

So lovely dress, and the colour is so nice.
Have a nice day
Ingvor

Christine said...

That is beautiful, the saddle stitch ribbon trim looks so good on it

Solstitches said...

It might have been a long time in the making but it turned out to be a beautiful dress.
I love the ribbon trim. Can't wait to see more from your sewing studio.
Margaret

Chris said...

Hi Lynn, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/